Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Calendar

Now that the Spring Recital is over, I've had time to think a little about the summer. In the past, I have been pretty flexible with letting students take time off during the summer without any cost. However, such a cut in income can be stressful financially for my family. So this summer I am proposing a little different scenario.

For June and August months, I encourage all to continue with regular lessons and take time off here and there for scheduled vacations as needed. If you are truly gone during the months and really need to take them off, you may but will be required to pay a fee to hold your spot. You can choose to take the summer off and go on the waiting list if you do not want to pay the holding fee.

Note about June lessons... I have a family reunion/vacation scheduled this month that has been planned for a couple of years so I will not teach lessons the week of June 22 through the 27th. If you have lessons on Mon. or Tues, you will still get 4 lessons due to a 5th Mon. and Tues. If you have lessons on Wed, Thurs, or Fri., your tuition will only be $30 for June.

For July, I will offer two choices:
1. continue with regular lessons (I will teach 3 lessons due to holidays)

2. attend piano summer camp instead of lessons. I will do the camp for 3 days during probably the first week of July, one hour per day. The cost will be $30. I actually think this is a great chance for me to teach some fun theory concepts and have the students work on some specific skills during that week. So I encourage you all to think about this option.

So, I will send home a note next week as well as summer calendars. Please let me now what you plan to do for the summer and return the note as soon as possible. Thanks!

Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

1 comments:

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I really like the idea of summer camp, but what time would it be held? Those of us on B, C, and D track are still in school the first week of July. If it was after school it would work.

I am glad that you are still holding regular lessons on the other months. Thanks~~Sheila