Hey all-
I've had a busy summer and fall and haven't been as on top of my piano blog as I would like to be. So here is an overdue update:
I've scheduled our Fall recital a bit later than I usually do...Wednesday, Dec. 2nd at 6:30pm is the date I'm planning on. If this creates big problems for anyone let me know. I could still change it if it doesn't work for the majority but it seems like my best option right now. Most students have started working on at least one piece and I hope to get them doing 2 if possible. I have several students doing duets and I'd love to convince everyone to try it...with me or a sibling or parent. So if you're interested in that, let me know ASAP.
Leave me a comment or send an email if the recital date doesn't work for you.
A couple of other things coming up...we've been working on a practice record sheet since August to earn "piano bucks" for an auction. Most students have been good about filling this out and staying on top of their practicing. Check their folders if you're not sure...they do need a parents intials. For those that complete the record sheets, I'm having a party on October 29th at 4pm for them to come spend their piano bucks at an fun auction. I'll send home reminders the week before for those that earned it. So keep practicing and writing it down...the more you practice the more money you'll have to spend!
And last, I'll be sending home a feedback sheet soon. I love to hear from parents how things are going and what they'd like to seen done differently. So watch for that to come home.
Thanks!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Fall Piano Recital
Posted by Valerie: at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I woiuld love Ash and Allie to do a duet. Let's plan on it.
Post a Comment